Help us pick a logo for new Silverlight game site SilverArcade.com
In my last post, I discussed our new game site in the works, and now we're ready to let the cat out of the bag and announce the site name. The site will be SilverArcade.comand we're currently running a contest at 99designs to find a logo. The contest is here:
Please use the comment space here or there to let us know what you think. This is a site for you and your games, so it makes sense that you should have some input on the logo.
Got a Silverlight Game? Want to make some money?
Over the past year, I've talked with a few of you about my dream of creating a game site exclusively for Silverlight games. I'm pleased to say that I've found a couple of other developers who share my vision and we're actively working on putting the site together. Think Miniclip or Kongregate but for Silverlight games. The site itself is coming along well and will be here before you know it, but what we really need is more great games to host on the site by launch day.
- We're looking for quality games, we're not going to accept all of them. With any rejection we'll try to give you our suggestions for how the game could be better.
- Games must be complete, we're not in the business right now of helping you finish a game concept.
- It's your intellectual property and you keep the rights to it.
- Get paid based on how many times your game is loaded.
- Monitor your statistics through a game author dashboard.
- All games will be free, our revenue model is ad based.
Special incentives for "launch day" games:
- Get paid a special bonus up front on top of the pay per load.
- Do what you want with your game outside of our site, no exclusivity agreements.
- We'll add links to your site on the game page to help drive traffic to your site.
Interested? Since you keep control of your intellectual property and can host the game too, or host it somewhere else as well, what do you have to lose? Contact me if you're interested, we look forward to hearing from you. Also if you're an XNA game developer and have an XNA 2D game, we may be able to help you get it ported to Silverlight.